- Before and After Results of Liposuction
- Areas of Liposuction.
- Who can go through Liposuction?
- The Procedure of Liposuction.
- Instructions before Operation.
- Time required to Recover.
- Instructions after Operation.
- Crucial Terminologies.
- Questions You should ask the doctor during your FREE consultation
- Free Consultation.
Liposuction, at times referred to as lipo is a cosmetic procedure that reshapes and slims certain areas of the body by removing excess fats. Most people in Dubai use the procedure after losing weight. There are various ways of using this procedure. It can either be done on multiple areas or a single area in a single session.
The procedure has gained massive popularity throughout the world due its high success rate & fast recovery.
Before and After Results of Liposuction
Liposuction results in a well toned and slimmer body lasts as long one maintains an optimum weight by exercising and following a strict diet regimen. You will notice the final results after a few months post the procedure. This is after the fluids left in the body and the swelling has completely disappeared.
Click below to check before and after results.
Suitable Areas for Liposuction.
The liposuction procedure is performed on body parts where fats tend to accumulate. The most common parts where the operation is performed in Abu Dhabi and Dubai include:
- Inner knee
- Hips and buttocks.
- Upper arms
- Ankles and calves.
- Neck, chin, and cheeks.
- The area around the chest.
Liposuction is a sole procedure that can be performed along with other procedures like breast reduction, tummy tuck or a facelift surgery.
Who Can Undergo Liposuction?
Liposuction is a fat grafting procedure that is effective to both women and men. You may be qualified for this treatment if:
- Your health is good.
- You are not suffering from any disease or if you do not have any pre-existing condition that may get in the way of the healing process.
- You are slightly above your weight but are not overweight.
- You have excess fats that do not go away upon exercising or if you are on diet.
- Your skin is healthy, firm and elastic.
- You do not smoke.
- You are not on medications that cause blood thinning.
- You are not lactating or pregnant.
- Your expectations are realistic from the procedure.
How does it work?
The surgery duration varies in different patients. It depends on the extent of the surgery and the technique used. The following are the steps of the fat transfer procedure.
- To start with, anesthesia is administered. Options include local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, and general anesthesia. In most cases, the procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- The surgeon then makes minor incisions at the site of the treatment area.
- He/she then inject local anesthesia into the treatment area for the avoidance of trauma or excess bleeding.
- A cannula- a tube that is thin and hollow- is then inserted into the incision. The cannula is moved back and forth to ensure that excess fat is loosened.
- The broken or loose fat is removed by use of a vacuum or syringe that is attached to the hollow cannula.
- The last step is stitching the incisions with suture. Dressings are then placed on the wounds.
Instructions before the Operation (Pre-op)
Our surgeons usually give an in-depth instruction before surgery to help you get ready for the procedure. Below are some common instructions:
- It is vital to maintaining a healthy weight before the surgery.
- Quit smoking for it slows down the natural healing process of the body.
- Quit drinking alcohol.
- Reveal to your doctors about previous medical conditions or allergies.
- Regularly take prescribed medications and adjust to current medications.
- Do not take any herbal supplements, aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications since they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Ensure you do some lab tests.
- Wear loose clothes that are old on the surgery day.
- Prior to surgery, have a good night sleep.
- Make arrangements for someone who will drive you after the surgery.
Time of Recovery.
Following your surgeon’s instructions will reduce the downtime as well as the side effects. On the first few days of recovery, you may experience some discomfort, bruising and swelling which will disappear within no time. The side effects will go away in a few days, however, the swelling will take a while to diminish.
Instructions after the Operation.
- Wear the compression garment given to you overnight which is essential to retraction of the skin.
- Avoid strenuous exercises and activities 2-3 days after the operation.
- Shower once or twice a day to take care of the drains and the incision sites.
- Use prescribed topical and oral medication to avoid infections and trigger the healing process.
- General anesthesia- the medication that keeps patients unconscious and prevents pain during the surgery.
- Cannula- a tube that breaks down fat cells.
- Local anesthesia- medication injected into the treatment area to relieve discomfort and pain.
- Intravenous sedation-sedative injected into the vein to help the patient relax.
- Lipoplasty- a different term of liposuction.
- Sutures- stitches that close the incision and hold the skin together.
- Liposuction- the procedure of vacuuming out fats from the body.
- Hematoma- blood accumulation underneath the skin.
Questions You should ask the doctor during your FREE consultation
- What is the duration of the procedure?
- Which are the latest techniques in the procedure?
- Who are the liposuction candidates?
- What is the recovery duration?
- Intended results.
- Description of the procedure.
- What is the amount of fats removed from the body?
- What amount of time should one take off from work?
- Will the fat recur?
- Is the procedure effective?
- Are there any complications?
Tunio Aesthetics is a leading clinic in the UAE, located in Dubai Healthcare City. Book A FREE consultation today to transform your body & gain the self-confidence you always dreamed of.