Dubai Medical Tourism Program
Dubai is known for its safety, security, creativity, innovation, happiness, aspiration, a home to 200 nationalities, and the leading carrier, Emirates Airline, flying to over 140 countries. The perfect time to launch an electronic portal that connects the world with Dubai’s medical facilities. In April 2014, HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, approved the Dubai Medical tourism strategy with Dubai Health Authority (DHA). His vision to position Dubai as a globally renowned destination for medical treatments led to the development in healthcare industry in Dubai and achievement of excellence.
Objective of Dubai Medical Tourism Program
With the Objective To be the fastest growing Medical Tourism Destination globally and rated the Top Medical Tourism Destination in the region, Dubai is competing with the best in the world. The government is nurturing the healthcare industry to strengthen the Economic Development of Dubai. The government has developed and implemented plans, policies & legislations at the national level that facilitate investment and enhance the quality of the health care services in Dubai.
Medical Treatments covered by Dubai Medical Tourism Program
Medical tourism particularly focuses on Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Plastic surgery, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Aesthetic Procedures and surgeries, Preventive Health check-ups, orthopaedics and physiotherapy and specialised medical tests.
The target countries are India, Pakistan, other GCC & CIS Countries, Nigeria, Angola, and UK alongside Russia.
The world’s first comprehensive E medical tourism portal
Launched in April 2016, It offers health, travel, hospitality and visa services just a click away. Dubai has world-class medical infrastructure.The one-window Dubai E medical tourism portal allows international tourists access to the the website www.dxh.ae, where they can book their desired medical procedure at any of the twenty six hospitals in Dubai, private and public both.
Benefits E medical tourism portal
- Bookings from the portal receive Special discounts on
- Emirates airfares,
- medical insurance to cover malpractice,
- hotel stay,
- leisure activities
- marhaba service for smooth airport to hotel transfer.
- Detailed Patient Bill of Rights and Patient Protection Plan.
- An android app version for the portal for mobile users.
- One Month Insurance In case of complications. the patient would be allowed to return to UAE free of charge and FREE revision of the surgery. This insurance valid for a month after the procedure will cover the complication at no extra cost to the patient,
- Insurance against malpractice Furthermore, adherence to international Medical best practices and prevents malpractice.
Number of Hospitals
Number of Medical Tourists by 2021
|AED 1 Billion||26|
12% – 15%
(692,191 internal) (621,169 foreigners)
The figures mentioned above do not include over 1,000 clinics and ambulatory care centres in Dubai. Most popular treatments among the tourists coming to Dubai were plastic surgery, dermatology, fertility, and osteoporosis.
Book A Free Consultation for Hair Transplant in Dubai